Safflower is a TGA (Therapeutic Good Administration) licensed compounding herbal pharmacy and assists and supports Chinese medicine practitioners worldwide with their herbal dispensing. Our business has been operating since 2009 in the Bass Coast Shire of Newhaven (Phillip Island).
In a team member, we are looking for the following characteristics:
- working diligently and accurately
- a genuine interest in herbal medicines
- working with minimal supervision
- reliable and punctual
- full training on GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) is provided
- well established communication skills
- good computer knowledge (email and word mainly)
- team orientated
- responsive and responsible
- Manage all activities relating to order processing and compounding of prescriptions in various dosage forms such as liquid extracts, granulated extracts and creams according to relevant SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Ensures adequate supplies of packaging materials are available for production.
- Ensures adequate supplies of starting materials are available for production.
- Follow hygiene and sanitisation guidelines.
- Manage all activities related to Dispatching Finished Products.
- Stock entry and management.
- Release of primary packaging.
- Calibration of scales.
- Specialised cleaning in the dispensing area.
Other job activities include:
- Answering telephone calls and customer service management
- Handling and managing emails
- Parcel dispatching at the local Post office
The dispensary operates from Monday to Friday and shifts are usually from 9.30 am to 2.30 pm. It is currently a permanent part-time position and would suit someone who has flexibility around the hours of operation and is local. The scope of this work requires to be done on the premises (no remote employment possible). The pay is based on the Pharmacy Award (plus superannuation) and that all sounds good, then we would love to meet you. Please provide us with a current resume and a cover letter outlining why you want to work with us. Or if you have any questions, please call Brigitte or Lillian on 03 5956 7011.