The aim of this program is:
- to prepare graduates for clinical practice and running a sustainable business, which creates a disposable income
- to strengthen and unify the Chinese medicine industry in nourishing a spirit of sharing, connectedness and communication
- to foster and encourage the individual to develop and apply their authentic style
- to assist new graduates or established practitioners who are looking for guidance with their individual questions
- to encourage and inject our industry with new ideas and best practice
A study that surveyed final year Chinese medicine students in Australia about their perception of preparedness for clinical practice concluded that they are somewhat adequately or adequately prepared for various aspects of clinical practice. (Moore et al. 2010). A follow up survey of graduates within 12 months found that there is greater desire for clinical experience, the need for support in establishing and maintaining business and interpersonal skills as well as interest in mentoring (Moore A, O’Brien K, 2012).
From my rapport with Chinese medicine practitioners around the country, I know that a significant number experience a level of isolation, disconnectedness and a lack of community or cohesion. This results in low confidence level, fragmented clinical practice and a high attrition rate.
Participating in this program will help you to generate momentum in getting patients onto your treatment table. It doesn’t matter if you are at the beginning of your Chinese medicine practice journey or have been in practice for a few years. It also doesn’t matter if you are a solo practitioner or working in a multi-modality clinic.
What matters is that you are finding yourself a little bit stuck, or have run out of inspiration, struggling to get patients through the door or simply need to reconnect with our outstanding industry.
Your attention will be required over the 12 weeks period. Rome wasn’t built in a day but to use the momentum, we must create a certain urgency. From Zero to 100 in 12 weeks is jam packed and dynamically paced. It’s not just delivering awesome content but also requires your full engagement and interaction.
There are five elements to the program (no surprises there):
- Element 1: Foundation: Vision, Values & Goals.
- Element 2: Framework: Setting up business.
- Element 3: Bridge building: Collaboration & Marketing.
- Element 4: Systems: Practical tools & techniques.
- Element 5: Review: Reflection & Revision.
Note: This program is not giving advice in how to prescribe acupuncture or herbs for certain patients. It is aimed at building your confidence, get you organised in your clinic and give you clarity about the way you practice.
The program will be delivered through:
- fortnightly webinars (recorded session) to convey the content
- Monthly webinar (recorded session) to answer any questions
- unlimited email support
- Accountability groups
- Personal session with each participant to bring it all together
- starting June 2019
Qualities that a potential participant displays and embraces:
- a strong commitment to unify clinical expertise with entrepreneurship
- an outgoing nature
- a commitment to put time into developing plans and structures
- good communication skills
- a strong desire to succeed
Costs: AU$ 449 (one off or ask us for a payment plan)
About Brigitte Linder
In the past 17 years, Brigitte has accumulated skills and expertise in running a Chinese medicine practice and dispensary. Her forte is in establishing a well-run and highly organised clinic and business. To be able to offer this program Australia wide, the main delivery is online with the opportunity to visit the clinic and gain practical insight o the day to day running of the clinic. The clinic is currently located in Newhaven on Phillip Island south-east of Melbourne.
If you are interested, please complete this application form.